CBC has proposed to the City of Tumwater that its new trail from the Valley Athletic Club to Pioneer Park include a short spur that would allow for a north-south, no-stoplight bypass of Capital Boulevard from the VAC to Tumwater Boulevard. The spur (via Hixon) is shown in green in this PowerPoint presentation (PDF). Please contact CBC Advocacy Coordinator Brian Faller to indicate your support for this spur and your willingness to come to a meeting with Tumwater.
CBC’s popular Saturday CUPPA (Couch Potato Prevention Activity) Rides have been extended into March with a revised schedule and several new routes. The extended schedule allows Saturday rides to continue while we put together the Saturday Social Ride schedule for the coming spring and summer. Many thanks to ride leaders Anita, Doug, Wayne and Laura for keeping the CUPPA rides going for the next few weeks. Check out the updated schedule on the CUPPA Rides Page.
The March 2014 issue of the CBC newsletter is now available!
Check out the latest in this month’s issue.
- Want to lead a ride? Come to the Ride Leader meetup at FishTale Brew Pub – March 10th
- CBC Bike and Parts Swap – Wednesday, March 5th, 7:30pm – Capital Coach House
- CBC Two-County ride registration up and running!
- Winter/Spring 2014 Club ride dates and information
- “Out of the Darkness” event in Seattle
- Updated CUPPA ride schedule for March – (extended 1 month)
- CBC Mountain Biking schedule
- February CBC board meeting minutes
- “Oh, Sugar!! What Am I Drinking!?’ - article by Dr. Andy Rosser